This September, we've been invited to a few of my favorite family-owned vineyards in Southern Portugal to participate in the art of winemaking, the old fashioned way. During this unique 10-day experience, we'll treat our palates to the ultimate journey as we meet some of the country's most beloved wine makers, viticulturalists, and national food and wine celebrities.
We'll also spend some time getting to know the region's most popular "Michelinsque" restaurants as well as my favorite off-the-beaten-path local spots. After we've stomped on our fair share of grapes, we'll head to the southernmost tip of Portugal, where old world charm meets the newest playground for European jet setters. We'll relax and play on one of the world's most photographed beaches while enjoying some of the Iberian Peninsula's most sought-after coastal cuisine.
We'll also have a few days on each end of the trip to discover my second home: Lisbon. Within hours, you too will fall in love with the dazzling mix of Roman, Moorish, and Baroque architecture, amazing food, beautiful sunlight and unique fusion of cultures from former Portuguese empires.
Learn to Harvest Like a Pro is a fun, intellectually-stimulating and flavorful immersion experience not found anywhere else in Portugal. There are only two dates available, each capped at 14 people with a well-proportioned group-to-free-time ratio to keep us all balanced! So come alone or bring a few friends. Either way, you'll feel like you're at home as soon as you arrive.
September 2018 (date on demand): $3,675.00 USD (standard room/double occupancy)
*Experience Fee Includes:
- Small group guarantee (the experience is capped at only 14 people)
- 10 days/ 9 nights at boutique hotels and exclusive countryside wine resorts (such as Palacio Ramalhete and Torre de Palma Wine Resort)
- All ground transportation during the core 10-day program
- All programmed activities (wine harvest, wine tastings, guided tours, private sunset champagne cruise, etc)
- All cultural immersion experiences with local people
- Daily breakfast
- All programmed gourmet lunches
- All taxes, services fees and gratuities
*Immersa Global's Small Group Experiences are exclusively for adults.
Fee Does Not Include:
- Visas (if applicable)
- Meals not mentioned in the program
- Travel Insurance